Garlic is a wonderful! What can I say I love it! Add it to some pasta, some bread throw in some cheese and I am in heaven!!! And it is supposed to be good for you too 🙂 Whenever I see a recipe call for some garlic I usually end up doubling or tripling the amount. For some reason my body likes a LOT of garlic more than the average person! 🙂 But I don’t mind!
Roasting Garlic is easy and you can get multiple uses out of it. Here I made a garlic olive oil, garlic butter and a garlic spread.
1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil per Garlic Head
1. PreHeat oven to 350F and use a small baking pan ex. 8X8, 9X9, Pie Dish…etc.
2. Take each head of garlic and chop about 1/4 of an inch off the top. *Some cloves might fall off and that is fine- if the individual pieces fall out I prefer to peel the skin off before I bake it.
3. No need to peel the skin off the whole head of garlic.
4. Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil all over the garlic * You can use more olive oil if you are using the olive oil for another dish ex. Pasta.
5. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 40-50 minutes.
6. When you take the pan out of the oven be careful as the Olive Oil could burn you! Let it sit for a few minutes. The garlic should ooze out of the skin.
7. Use it just as it is a spread, or mix in with some butter, throw the garlic into some pasta, on some pizza, sandwiches..the options are endless!! 🙂