Happy National Pumpkin Day
I have a love for pumpkin desserts. Well most of them anyways. I am not a huge fan of pumpkin pie, I like it but by no means do I love it. These pumpkin pie bars, well I LOVE them!
I found this recipe about a year ago and I have probably made them 10X since then. They are simple to make. They feed a crowd. And believe me you will not eat just one! I love that they are in bar form so you can easily eat one or two as you are walking by the refrigerator ;).
These are a staple in my home, I hope you like them just as much as I do 🙂
- 1⅓ Cup AP Flour
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¾ Cup Cold Butter
- 1 Cup Oats ( Old Fashioned or Quick work)
- ½ Cup Pecans
- 1 8oz Package Cream Cheese at room temp.
- 3 Eggs
- 1 150z Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 TBSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9 X 13 inch pan with foil extending over the edges and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, ¼ cup sugar and brown sugar. With a pastry blender or two knives mix in the cold butter until coarse crumbs form. Stir in the oats and chopped pecans.
- Set aside 1 cup of oat mixture. Press the rest of the oat mixture into the pan and bake for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the cream cheese, eggs, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Mix until fully combined and smooth. Pour over warm crust. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture and butterscotch chips on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes and let cool on a wire rack. Use foil to pull out of pan to cool quicker.