Growing up maple donuts were my favorite!!! Coming from a chocoholic it was big for me to pick a maple bar over a chocolate bar. The maple glaze got me every single time. I honestly could drink it, okay I have semi-drank some maple glaze before and made myself ill, but it was worth it! LOL
A few months ago I made some Apple Muffins with a Maple Glaze and they were bomb diggity, I brought them into work for a meeting and they were all gobbled up. I think about those muffins more than one should really think about muffins.
I also think about these Maple Glazed Pumpkin Donuts from the other week… SO FREAKING DELICIOUS.. Seriously I was in LOVE. The only thing that could make this better is streusel, so naturally I got to baking again. Pumpkin Muffins it was.
Moist, full of pumpkin flavor these muffins do not disappoint. I can see pumpkin/apple/maple muffins in my near future…
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 14oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 8 tbsp butter, at room temp.
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 heaping cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a muffin/cupcake pan and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine sugars, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla and vegetable oil until fully combined, Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined. Scoop batter evenly into muffin pan, don't be afraid to fill them to the top.
For the streusel in a medium bowl mix flour, brown sugar, butter, oats, pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Sprinkle heavily over muffin batter and bake muffins for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick isnerted comes out clean.
For the maple glaze
- In a small bowl mix together powdered sugar, maple syrup, maple extract and hot water. If too think add a tsp of water at a time to reach desired consistency. Lay a dishtowel down and place wire rack on top of towel. Dip donuts in glaze, place on wire rack. Enjoy 🙂