It’s fall here in California.. at least that’s what I keep telling myself but this damn weather here is not letting up! 85! My lord! Anyways I had some leftover pumpkin from my Pumpkin Pie Bars and decided to make some more bars.
I recently watched a documentary Forks Over Knives and so I want to be more healthy…blah blah blah. Well my idea of healthy is no added oils into the bars, I only used Chobani Greek Yogurt.
These bars were great as my sister put it ” A super, super, super amazing-ness piece heaven in your mouth”
They are so dense and moist. Almost like a pumpkin brownies spice moist bar. And there is no oil or butter in them!
- ½ Cup Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup + ⅓ Cup Sugar
- 12 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup AP Flour
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- ½ TSP Baking Soda
- 2 TSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ TSP Salt
- 1 Package (8oz) Cream Cheese at room temp
- 1 Stick Butter at room temp
- 2½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 8X8 or 9X9 baking pan. I also lined mine with foil before greasing the pan.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer combine the eggs, greek yogurt, sugar and pumpkin puree.
- In a small bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet batter until fully combined.
- Pour into pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (no wet batter)
- Once bars are completely cooled begin making the frosting.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Pour in sifted powdered sugar and vanilla. Once fully combined and smooth spread or pipe on to cooled bars.
Enjoy and have a great day!