Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate how I love thee. I can’t seem to get enough of it. You see to me a brownie is supposed to be a dense, moist, chocolatey explosion in your mouth. I don’t understand people who want a light fluffy brownie… have a piece of chocoalte cake instead.
I can’t believe Thanksgiving and Black Friday have come and gone!! December here we come! Christmas then New Years.. I hope things calm down in January but let’s be honest they never do! I have yet to really start on my Christmas shopping.. let’s hope I don’t end up at the mall the week before Christmas 🙁
My cousin comes in from Australia on Friday WOOO-HOOO!! Party time!!!
This brownie is a party time in your mouth! Make it, eat it, enjoy it…your welcome!
- 1¼ cup butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup cocoa powder (sifted)
- 2½ cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 1⅔ cups flour
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 20 peppermint patties
- Preheat oven to 325F, line a 9X13 pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray or butter the pan.
- In a double broiler or just a large bowl on top of a saucepan melt the butter and chocolate chips together. ( I cut the butter into small cubes before adding)
- Once it is completely melted take off of the saucepan (make sure to use a towel as the bowl will be hot! Silly me forgot and burnt my finger!)
- Whisk in cocoa powder. Let mixture sit for a few minutes to cool.
- Whisk in sugar. Mix in the eggs I did 3 and then 2 at a time. Add in vanilla.
- Using a spatula fold in the flour and chocoalte chips.
- Pour half of batter into prepared pan then line the peppermint patties and pour the rest of the batter over the patties. ( I like to pour the batter in 3 chunks, the front of the pan, the middle and the back of the pan, this way it's easier to spread it evenly over the peppermint patties)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let cool completley before cutting. Store in an airtight container for 3 days.