Moist Banana Bread is filled with juicy peaches and a delicious cream cheese swirl, you will love this Peaches & Cream Banana Bread!
Does your city have a summer fair? We have the OC Fair, I like to go at least once. You know see all the different foods, taste them, see how obnoxious they are. Go to the heart attack cafe. That name is just so wrong. I personally love the homemade potato chips with a cheese sauce and bacon. And there are the cinnamon rolls, the turkey legs… and this year texas donuts?
If you’ve read my blog for any amount of time you know I love banana bread. I have way too many recipes for different banana bread. Okay not too many. I just love banana bread. It reminds me of my childhood, its easy to make, it’s so versatile- it’s a snack, breakfast, dessert.
As of late I have been obsessed with peaches. Love em! So it was only a matter of time until I added peaches to banana bread. And peaches and cream just go so well together. It was a natural decision.
Peaches & Cream Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, at room temp.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 bananas, smashed
- 1 medium sized peach cut into small chunks
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
Cream Cheese Layer
- 6oz cream cheese, at room temp.
- 1 egg, at room temp.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F and heavily grease a 9X5 baking loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine melted butter and sugars. Mix in vanilla and eggs until combined. Add in flour, baking soda and salt mixing until just combined. Fold in bananas, peaches and greek yogurt until just combined. Pour just over half of the batter into prepared pan. Set rest aside.
Cream Cheese Layer
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat cream cheese for two minutes. Add in sugar, egg and flour and beat until combined.
- Spread cream cheese batter on top of banana bread batter in pan. Pour remaining batter on top of cream cheese layer.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, you want the bread to be set. If it starts to get too brown place a piece of foil on top of bread the last 20 minutes of baking. Let cool for 30 minutes on wire rack then invert to cool completely.