My first night in Australia was a bit of a blur. As soon as I got off the plane I was overtaken by a fever-the chills were out of control! Once we arrived at my cousins house my sister went on an adventure to find me some medicine. By night time my fever seemed to calm down so we went out to dinner with my cousin. We arrived at Bondi Pizza, which was delicious but I was too sick to take pictures, or eat much for that matter 🙁 . On the way out my cousin suggested a chocolate bar across the way but I felt to sick we passed on it (BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!). Little did I know that chocolate bar would become one of the best parts of my trip and another excuse to travel to New York, Boston, Las Vegas even Philly!
Max Brenner Chocolate Bar was amazing! A cafe type place that revolves around chocolate? Chocolate drinks, chocolate cakes, chocolate pots, chocolate EVERYTHING! Please if you have the opportunity to vist DO IT! You will not regret it!!
The Tutti Frutti Waffle is one of their best sellers. A homemade Beglian Waffle drizzled with pure melted chocolate served with strawberries, bananas and vanilla ice cream! YUM
Italian Thick Milk Hot Chocolate was to die for!!! Pretty much drinking pure melted chocolate AHHHMAZING!!
I ordered this delicious treat MULTIPLE times! Everyime we came back I just could not help myself it was scrumptious!
Pizza dough smothered in pure melted chocolate topped with corn flakes, homemade marshmallows, carmelized pecans, and white chocolate drops. This was tasty a bit too dry for me, maybe next time add some vanilla ice cream?
Chocolate Souffle drizzled with pure melted chocolate and I added some fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream! Classic and delicious!
Another wonderful hot chocolate served with chocolate covered waffle balls inside 🙂 So tasty! Loved it!
After these photos, if you are not salivating you have issues! 😉
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Stuffed with Salted Caramel
Chocolate and Caramel two amazing foods that tantalize all of my tastebuds!! Add them together and Viola! I am in HEAVEN!! And if you are feeling a little bit cray cray then bust out the vanilla ice cream and top one of these bars while they are nice and hot! So delicious.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars stuffed with Salted Caramel
- 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 10 ounces caramel candy squares, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Sea salt, for sprinkling over caramel and bars
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Spray a 9 X 9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the melted butter and sugars together until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix on low, just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- In a medium saucepan over LOW heat combine the caramels and heavy cream and melt unitl smooth and creamy. (NOTE: I was out of heavy cream so I susbstituted sweetened condensed milk and the bars still turned out AMAZING)
- Split the batter in half and press half of the cookie dough into the pan, smoothing the top with the spatula. Pour hot caramel over the cookie dough and sprinkle with sea salt. Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough over the caramel and spread dough with a spatula until the caramel is covered.
- Bake the bars for 30 minutes or until the top of the bars are light golden brown and the edges start to pull away from the pan. Cool bars on a wire rack to room temperature. Cut bars into squares and enjoy 🙂
In my house there is a constant pile of chocolate. We keep a nice family stash in the refrigerator and then each of us has our own “secret” stash! We are chocoholics and its okay with us. Caramel is another one of my favorites. And when caramel and chocolate are combined it creates a heavenly treat I cannot resist!
Over the weekend I attended a birthday party and decided to make these Chocolate Caramel Bars! What a treat they were- a buttery oat and sugar crust topped with layers of chocolate, caramel and walnuts all finished with more “crust” on top.
Chocolate Caramel Bars
1 bag of Kraft Caramels, unwrapped
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
2 cup of all-purpose flour
2 cup of rolled oats ( I used the rolled oats not 1-min)
1 1/2 cups of light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup butter melted (3 sticks)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
I am home! I have spent the past 16 days in Australia, I spent most of my time at Bondi Beach and Sydney but visited Brisbane for two nights. It was a wonderful experience and I am so blessed and thankful I was able to go. It was a 15 hour flight each way! Luckily, I am used to flying to England, a 10 hour flight, so it wasn’t that bad.
Bondi Beach was gorgeous! There was a pool right on the beach, Bondi Icebergs, it was so cool.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries Stuffed with Cheesecake
So you already know about my obsession with chocolate covered strawberries so when I saw a picture of strawberries stuffed with cheesecake batter I thought why the heck not use chocolate covered strawberries?? Well they were amazing!!! Afterwards I was online and saw a picture of chocolate covered strawberries stuffed with cheesecake on Pinterest so its going around.. as it should be so yummy!
- Fresh strawberries (the bigger the better)
- Milk or Dark Chocolate ( chips are fine or go for a nicer chocolate finely chopped)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
Strawberries and Chocolate:
- Wash strawberries and dry completely
- When cutting the stems off the berries I used a knife and went down and around creating sort of an upside down cone out of the strawberry, creating room for the cheesecake filling
- Set aside a cookie sheet and top it with wax paper
- Melt the chocolate over a double broiler be careful to watch it constantly so the chocolate doesn’t over cook, if it goes just a bit too far then it will harden and there is NO going back! For example, if using chips I let them melt almost all the way ( as they begin to lose their chip shape) then I take the bowl off of the double broiler and mix it until completely smooth.
- Dip the strawberries and lay them on the wax paper to harden
- Put cream cheese into a bowl of an electric mixer and whip until light and fluffy. The cream cheese MUST be at room temperature or it will contain tons of little bumps.
- Add the sugar and vanilla.
- Use a pastry bag to pipe the cheesecake batter into the strawberries. It’s best to add the cheesecake to the strawberries right before serving.
Note: You could always dip the top the cheesecake into graham cracker crumbs, I didn’t as I was out of graham crackers but next time I will
Tomato Mozzarella Skewers
A few weeks ago a dear friend left all of us in Orange County to start a fabulous adventure in Zambia for The Peace Corps! We had a fantastic party to send her away with lots of great friends and food. I made some desserts and also made these scrumptious tomato capresse skewers. They are SOO easy and SOO delicious! A must make for any party you are throwing.
- Grape Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Mozzarella Balls
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil & Vinegar
How to assemble:
- First soak your toothpicks in a bowl of lukewarm water for 30 minutes -1 hour. (This helps prevent the toothpicks from splitting)
- Next just press one toothpick into one grape tomato, one mozzarella ball and one fresh basil leaf.
- Once you are finished sprinkle some salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar over the top.
- Enjoy 🙂
A graham cracker crust layered with Hershey Chocolate Bars and Marshmallow Creme topped with more graham cracker crust! Try not to eat the whole pan in one sitting. They are scrumptious!!!!!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 king-sized milk chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s)
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if necessary) to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick. Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles and laying them together).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Bailey’s Irish Cream Chocolate Cookies
Baileys Irish Cream and Cookies together? Yes! And they were DELICIOUS! So amazing!!
1 cup of butter softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 whole eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
8 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream Liquor
2 2/3 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 cups cocoa powder
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F. In a bowl of an electric mixer cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add in Bailey’s one tablespoon at a time. Add flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 4-6 hours. Roll dough into balls and set on a baking sheet lined with a silpat liner. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
In five short weeks I will be headed on a 15hr plane ride to Sydney, Australia!! This will be my first vist to a country below the equator. My sister will accompany me as we set out for a memorable holiday. We are lucky enough to be staying with my cousin Lucy who lives in Bondi Beach. I am thrilled and cannot wait to share pictures I will have taken myself. Now in the mean time if I can control my shopping habits and sugar habits I will be ready for the beach! 🙂
|image courtesey of google images