Oreo’s hold a special place in my heart. I recall having Oreo’s at my best friends house as a child. It just so happened she lived next door so after school each day we would indulge in there scrumptious cookies. Or lay in the pool begging for Oreo’s. They are just SO good.
Smore’s were also a childhood favorite. Why do I keep referencing my childhood when these are pretty much all of my life favorite…?
Well, last year I discovered Smore’s Bars. Pretty damn amazing if I do say so myself. I highly suggest you try them and make them and enjoy them. It’s only natural to love smores bar and then to stuff candy bars in them.
I came up with this recipe last week and I think it was quite brillant on my part. Because I LOVE oreo’s and I love chocolate and I love marshmallow creme so it was only obvious these would be a hit. Oreo’s Smore’s Bars is spot on for me.
A double chocolatey Oreo cookie crust is laid down with two XL Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar then a layer of marshmallow creme some more Oreo crumbs and then double chocolatey Oreo cookie crust on top. Sounds like heaven in my mouth!
That’s right it is HEAVEN in my mouth.
PLEASE PLEASE have patience after these come out of the oven- due to the marshmallow creme they need to set. So don’t be like me and cut into them within 5 minutes because you have absolutely NO self control. They tasted amazing but fell apart- so please let them set.
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups all purpose flour
- 1¼ cups Oreo cookie crumbs (roughly 12 Oreo's)
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 king-sized milk chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s)
- 1½ cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, 1 cup of Oreo cookie crumbs, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if necessary) to get it to fit in a single layer no more than ¼ inch thick. Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff. Sprinkle remaining (1/4 cup) Oreo cookie crumbs on top of marshmallow fluff.
- Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles and laying them together).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.