Not Your Average Brownies
A few months ago I received a wonderful cookbook in the mail! Ree Drumond’s On the Frontier. Each recipe has TONS of pictures of step by step process! I LOVE!!! I tend to only purchase cook books that have pictures – it just doesn’t seem right not being able to look at the recipe completed.
This cookbook has tons of delicious recipes for anytime of the day! I saw this recipe and I had to make them!!
In April for one of my best friends birthday I sent her some Dorothy Lane Brownies- because they are amazing 🙂 These brownies are dupes for DL.
Make these scrumptious little brownies asap! You will NOT regret it 🙂
1 Box of Devils Food Cake Mix
1/3 Cup plus 1/2 Cup Evaporated Milk
1/2 Cup Butter Melted
1 Cup Chopped Pecans (Optional)
30 Unwrapped Caramels
1 Bag of Chocolate Chips
Powdered Sugar for dusting on top of Brownies
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a 8X8 pan with foil and grease it.
2. In a large bowl mix together the cake mix, 1/3 cup of evaporated milk, melted butter and the pecans. It will be nice and thick.
3. Divide the dough in half and spread half into the bottom of your baking pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
4. While the brownie base is baking in a medium saucepan over medium heat mix together the unwrapped caramels and the rest of the evaporated milk. Mix until nice and smooth, be careful not to burn.
5. On a piece of wax paper take the rest of the brownie batter and form into the same size as the baking pan to lay on top.
6. Once the brownie base has cooked for 8-10 minutes take it out and pour the melted caramel over it and then pour the chocolate chips on top and finish with the brownie layer.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let it cool to room temperature, dust with powdered sugar and then let set in fridge for a few hours. Enjoy 🙂
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks Food From My Frontier, Knock you Naked Brownies