Maple Apple Bread
Maple Apple Bread is chock full of apple chunks, lovely spices a moist crumb and a thick maple glaze.
Happy Monday!! What a great week, I will be spending my week around The Great Barrier Reef and of course hitting up Max Brenner when at all possible! Which is any spare moment I have, whilst I am here in OZ. Speaking of Max I was so disappointed when I visited Max Brenner in NYC and Las Vegas both restaurants were no where near the amazingess that exists in Australia. Dunno why but honestly no where near as good.
I ordered the banana crepes with pralines, vanilla ice cream and tons of melted chocolate and an Italian Thick Hot Chocolate. If you follow me on Instagram you know I am eating my way through Australia, but I do that wherever I am. I love food, what can I say?!
And that statement holds true for this bread. When shooting it my sister came up and took a slice, then I took a break to eat a slice then my mom came up to take a slice. This bread went quick. It was something that I did NOT share with work or other people. Because I was too obsessed, I wanted it all for myself #greedypig
But at least I am sharing it here… 😉
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulate sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 all spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2/3 milk
- 1/3 oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large apples, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 8 tbsp butter, at room temp.
- 1/4 cup oats
- Pinch cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- 1 heaping cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 375F and heavily grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, quick oats,sugars, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, all spice, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, greek yogurt, milk, oil and vanilla. Slowly mix in dry ingredients, just until no flour streaks remain. Fold in apple chunks.
- To make topping in a medium bowl mix flour, brown sugar, butter, oats, pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Fill loaf pan with batter and sprinkle crumble topping on. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean. Place on wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl mix together powdered sugar, maple syrup, maple extract and hot water. If too think add a tsp of water at a time to reach desired consistency. Drizzle on top of bread, let sit for 20 minutes before slicing so glaze can set.