My drink of choice when I go out is usually Hard Cider, and if I have the option it is Magners Irish Cider. It is so sweet and delicious, I just love it! Luckily I work at a pub where Magners is on tap! 🙂 As if there is not already enough sugar in Magners, I take it up a notch and add some Ribena to it! YUM!!
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter at room temp.
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup Magners Irish Cider
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9X13 pan.
2. Place butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally and brown until its a nice medium brown. You will start to smell and almost nutty flavor. Take butter off of heat and cool.
3. Cream browned butter and sugars.
4. Add eggs and vanilla extract.
5. In a small bowl whisk together cake flour, salt and baking powder.
6. Combine the dry mixture in thirds to the butter and sugar alternating with the Magners Irish Cider.
7. Bake for 30 minutes roating halfway thorugh.