Guinness chocolate Cupcake w/ a Bailey’s Cream Cheese Frosting
The past few weeks have been CRAZY busy!! And I’m looking forward to our busy season at work now. Before we know it Christmas will be here 🙂 and then gone 🙁 I was at Costco the other day and they had a lot of Christmas stuff out already, it was only mid September! I do enjoy looking at it all though, it makes me happy 🙂 Who doesn’t love Christmas time? All the christmas lights, everyone’s happy, seeing family/friends you haven’t seen in a while, not to mention all the wonderful amazing Baking that is going to happen!!
These cupcakes were scrumptious. I poured the cupcake into the liners and had an idea. I had a Pound Plus Milk Chocolate Bar sitting in the cupboard that I kept on nibbling at and I needed to get rid of it. So I decided to pop a square into each cupcake before baking. I should have thought of this before and rolled the chocolate squares in the dry ingredients so it wouldn’t sink to the bottom. The chocolate did sink to the bottom in these cupcakes but it still tasted absolutely scrumptious!!
My new background on my iPhone:
These cupcakes were absolutely delicious especially with the chocolate in the middle. They didn’t NEED the frosting but what the hell frosting makes everything better 🙂
- 1 Cup Guinness
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- 2 Cups AP Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/2 TSP SAlt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Sour Cream
- Chocolate Bar with medium size pieces.
- 1 Block Cream Cheese (8oz) at room temperature
- 3 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with cupcake liners.
- In a medium saucepan over low-medium heat melt together the Guinness and butter. Once butter is Guinness and butter are combined and melted together whisk in the cocoa powder until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Mix chocolate bar pieces in the dry mixtures and then set chocolate aside from dry mixture.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the sour cream and eggs. Once fully combined add the Guinness Mixture. Slowly add in the dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill each cupcake 3/4 full and pop in a nice piece of chocolate.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until you stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean 🙂
- Let cupcakes completely cool then start the frosting.
- In bowl of an electic mixer beat the cream cheese. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Add in the Bailey’s until you reach the desired consistency. The Bailey’s does come through quite strongly in the frosting 🙂
- These cupcakes are already delicious so they only need a small amount of frosting.
Cupcake recipe adapted from Epicurious
Frosting my own recipe