Creamy Lemon Cake Bars
Does anyone else have a lemon tree? Do you love it as much as me? I absolutely love grabbing a fresh lemon and smelling it. It is so invigorating, so fresh, so fabulous. The other day I made these Lemon Crumb Bars and loved them. The condensed milk mixed with lemon juice and lemon rind was spectacular. And those bars inspired me to make these Creamy Lemon Cake Bars.
This is right after I took them out of the oven. I used the foil to pull them out of the pan and placed the bars on to the wire rack to cool. I let them cool for all of 2 minutes before I could control myself from tasting. I literally have no patience when baked goods come out of the oven.
These are the type of bars that I keep cutting a straight line and end up eating the half the pan hoping no one would notice. Oops
These bars have lemon juice, lemon rind, Golden Oreo’s, white chocolate chips and are on a lemon cake base. Say hello to mommmma!
The cake base was cooked to perfection. It was stable and strong enough to hold everything but still buttery and cakey.
- 1 Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 heaping tbsp lemon rind
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 12 Golden Oreo's, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9X13 baking pan with foil and grease it.
- In a bowl mix together cake mix, melted butter, egg and lemon rind. Press mixture into bottom of pan.
- In a small bowl combine condensed milk, lemon rind and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Distribute white chocolate chips and Golden Oreo pieces all over crust. Drizzle condensed milk mixture on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes ish until golden brown. Cool on baking rack and enjoy 🙂
I used Birthday Golden Oreo's that is where the colors are coming from in the photos. You could use regular Golden Oreo's or use the Birthday one''s and maybe add some sprinkles for good measure!
Lemon Crumb Bars
Lemon Crinkle Cookies