Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake
Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake is Rich & Buttery ribboned with a Cinnamon Swirl baked to golden brown and topped with a Luscious Cream Cheese Frosting
I made cinnamon roll blondies recently an it really got me on my cinnamon roll flavor kick. Cuz I was too damn lazy to make cinnamon rolls, even though its actually easy to make cinnamon rolls from scratch. Once those blondies were gone though I still needed something cinnamon roll esque. So here comes the Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake…
The cake is moist and dense with lots of swirls of brown sugar cinnamony goodness. With the cinnamon swirl giving the top of the cake a sweet crunch, against the creamy cream cheese frosting, this cake was irresistible.
I found myself talking to myself about how good it was. My sister said ” One of the best things you’ve ever made!”
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temp.
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temp.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temp.
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temp.
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4oz cream cheese, at room temp.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9X5 loaf pan, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the butter and cream cheese, beat until combined and light and fluffy. Add in both sugars and beat until fully combined, a minute or two. Mix in vanilla and one egg at a time, mixing on low.
- In a medium bowl sift together the cake flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture to the wet batter slowly. Mix until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the melted butter, cinnamon and brown sugar. Using a spoon place dollops of the mixture scattered over the top of the batter, then take a knife and swirl the cinnamon mixture throughout the whole loaf.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 52-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in comes out with no wet batter. Set on a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes then invert the cake on to the wire rack.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the cream cheese for one minute. Then on low speed beat in the powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla extract. Once the powdered sugar is combined turn the mixer on high and beat for 3 minutes.
- Once the cake has cooled add the cream cheese frosting. I stored my cake in the fridge, for up to 4 days.
Cinnamon Roll Blondies
Apple Cinnamon Roll Doughnuts
Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls