This Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe will become your new favorite. Brown Butter, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Pumpkin and of course loads of Chocolate Chunks are what makes these the best Pumpkin Cookie!
- 2oz Unsalted Butter, browned
- 2 oz Unsalted Butter, cut into small cubes
- 150 Grams/ 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 50 Grams/ 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 61 Grams/ 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Egg Yolk, at room temp.
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 240 Grams/ 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1.5 Teaspoon Salt
- 1.5 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 8oz/ 1 Cup Chocolate Chunks/ Chips
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt the 2 oz of butter, watch carefully and mix constantly. The butter will begin to turn more of a golden color with brown flecks and become foamy, you will smell a nutty aroma. This is browned butter, take it off before it becomes burnt butter.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add the brown butter and the regular butter. Add the brown sugar and granulated mix and beat for 2 minutes. Add in Pumpkin Puree & Vanilla Extract, beat for two minutes. After the two minutes let the batter rest for 30 seconds and repeat the process 2 more times.
- In a seperate bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and cornstarch.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the wet mixture, mixing just until combined. Fold in chocolate chunks. Place dough covered in fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silpat line or parchment paper.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons balls of dough and bake for 9-11 minutes, let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Store in air tight container for 5 days.
*Total Time includes Chill Time