As of late here in Southern California the sun has been shinning. Bikini season is almost here. Juice bars have been popping up everywhere and my yoga pants have been gettings lots of use. I wanted to ease up on the sugar, for that morning anyways. So I made some granola to go with my plain greek yogurt. Have you ever had plain greek yogurt? Ugh I cannot do it! So I decided to add granola for a fabulous texture and sweetness.
I had never made granola before but knew it couldn’t be that hard. I was right! ( funny how that happens 😉 ) This granola was super easy ot make and super tasty.
I found myself grabbing handfuls of the stuff. I will defo be homemade maple granola again.
I hope you give this easy recipe a try and spruce up your breakfast!
- 3 cups rolled oat
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coocnut oil melted
- 1/4 tsp maple extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silpat liner. In a large bowl mix together the rolled oats, slivered almonds and pecans. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the maple syrup, honey, coconut oil and maple extract. Pour over oat mixture. Mix so everything is coated. Spread on to prepared sheet and bake for 10 minutes. After ten minutes take out of oven and mix everything around. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let cool on tray. Once cooled I drizzled on an a little extra honey and maple syrup, just for fun!
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Homemade White Chocolate Golden Oreo Peanut Butter…Woah that’s a mouthful of name. But a tasty mouthful I might add. I definitely have had my fair share of mouthfuls of this fabulous peanut butter.
I go through phases with peanut butter. Sometimes I can’t get enough of the stuff but other times I can leave it! And lately I have not been able to get enough of it! Maybe it’s because of the posts on other blogs lately of homemade peanut butter like this one on Averie Cooks.
Anyways I decided it was time I experimented. At first I was going to make plain ol peanut butter but then I had this half opened package of Golden Oreo’s staring at me so I decided I would mix them in and while I was cleaning out the cupboard I found 1/2 open bag of white chocolate chips so I thew those in too.
The peanut butter goes through stages in the food processor. At one point I held the food processor -I was scared it was going to break when the peanut butter had turned into a huge ball. But it didn’t! Yay!
I made this peanut butter and put it away before I could taste it. I had other things to bake that day like this . I was in the other room when my mom came in “Wow! That peanut butter is good!” So I then said “Ya, with white chocolate and Golden Oreo’s in it” and I literally did laugh out loud! She just dabbed her finger in so didn’t get the crunch of the cookie but sure got the sweetness of the white chocolate!!
I have enjoyed dipping Golden Oreo’s in the peanut butter, eating it by the spoonful and when I am feeling healthy dipping apples in it.
It was such a fun experience to make homemade peanut butter. I hope you give it a try, it really is simple (and noisy).
You will watch the peanuts go thru different stages but keep going until it’s creamy and smooth around 5 minutes of processing the peanuts.
Homemade White Chocolate Golden Oreo Peanut Butter
- 2 1/2 cups honey roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 10 Golden Oreos crushed
- In a food processor place peanuts. Process for 5 minutes or so. The peanuts will go through different stages but after about 5 minutes of processing they will become smooth and liquidy. At this point add the white chocolate chips. The heat from the peanuts processing for so long will ensure the chips are blended in. Scoop into a bowl and add crushed Golden Oreo's. Store in an airtight container.