My first night in Australia was a bit of a blur. As soon as I got off the plane I was overtaken by a fever-the chills were out of control! Once we arrived at my cousins house my sister went on an adventure to find me some medicine. By night time my fever seemed to calm down so we went out to dinner with my cousin. We arrived at Bondi Pizza, which was delicious but I was too sick to take pictures, or eat much for that matter 🙁 . On the way out my cousin suggested a chocolate bar across the way but I felt to sick we passed on it (BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!). Little did I know that chocolate bar would become one of the best parts of my trip and another excuse to travel to New York, Boston, Las Vegas even Philly!
Max Brenner Chocolate Bar was amazing! A cafe type place that revolves around chocolate? Chocolate drinks, chocolate cakes, chocolate pots, chocolate EVERYTHING! Please if you have the opportunity to vist DO IT! You will not regret it!!
The Tutti Frutti Waffle is one of their best sellers. A homemade Beglian Waffle drizzled with pure melted chocolate served with strawberries, bananas and vanilla ice cream! YUM
Italian Thick Milk Hot Chocolate was to die for!!! Pretty much drinking pure melted chocolate AHHHMAZING!!
I ordered this delicious treat MULTIPLE times! Everyime we came back I just could not help myself it was scrumptious!
Pizza dough smothered in pure melted chocolate topped with corn flakes, homemade marshmallows, carmelized pecans, and white chocolate drops. This was tasty a bit too dry for me, maybe next time add some vanilla ice cream?
Chocolate Souffle drizzled with pure melted chocolate and I added some fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream! Classic and delicious!
Another wonderful hot chocolate served with chocolate covered waffle balls inside 🙂 So tasty! Loved it!
After these photos, if you are not salivating you have issues! 😉
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Stuffed with Salted Caramel
Chocolate and Caramel two amazing foods that tantalize all of my tastebuds!! Add them together and Viola! I am in HEAVEN!! And if you are feeling a little bit cray cray then bust out the vanilla ice cream and top one of these bars while they are nice and hot! So delicious.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars stuffed with Salted Caramel
- 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 10 ounces caramel candy squares, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Sea salt, for sprinkling over caramel and bars
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Spray a 9 X 9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the melted butter and sugars together until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix on low, just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- In a medium saucepan over LOW heat combine the caramels and heavy cream and melt unitl smooth and creamy. (NOTE: I was out of heavy cream so I susbstituted sweetened condensed milk and the bars still turned out AMAZING)
- Split the batter in half and press half of the cookie dough into the pan, smoothing the top with the spatula. Pour hot caramel over the cookie dough and sprinkle with sea salt. Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough over the caramel and spread dough with a spatula until the caramel is covered.
- Bake the bars for 30 minutes or until the top of the bars are light golden brown and the edges start to pull away from the pan. Cool bars on a wire rack to room temperature. Cut bars into squares and enjoy 🙂
In five short weeks I will be headed on a 15hr plane ride to Sydney, Australia!! This will be my first vist to a country below the equator. My sister will accompany me as we set out for a memorable holiday. We are lucky enough to be staying with my cousin Lucy who lives in Bondi Beach. I am thrilled and cannot wait to share pictures I will have taken myself. Now in the mean time if I can control my shopping habits and sugar habits I will be ready for the beach! 🙂
|image courtesey of google images
Over the past few years I have become very involved in blogs and thought it was about time to start my own. I currently have a Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Tumblr and Pinterest so I thought it was only natural to add this. Besides my family and friends there are 3 main things that my life revolves around desserts, traveling and shopping
I hope you enjoy my confessions 🙂