Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is placed upon a Pretzel Crust then drizzled with Salted Caramel & Melted Chocolate, you will not be able to say no to these indulgent little treats!
Can you believe its 2014 in two days?!
I sure cannot but I am SOOO over 2013, the majority of people I know had a bad year and mine was not anything special but I feel an overwhelming amount of good when I think of 2014 so I am super excited!!
New Years Eve is a crazy day for me, it is the busiest day of the year at work for us. But being a British Pub we celebrate British New Years Eve so that means at 4pm our time a bagpiper goes through the restaurant and bar and everyone is pretty shall we say tipsy by that time.
It’s crazy people come in as soon as we open to secure a spot, so they sit and wait for 11am- 4pm for that moment. It is pretty spectacular though and for me, as the manager, it will be a big sigh of relief, it’s over.
The busiest two weeks of the year are over and I have survived. Even with two people quitting with no notice. I won’t dive into that but lets just say its added some more stress!
So these cooke cups were made in the height of my stress during Christmas. I really didn’t have the time to make these but I made the time cuz baking is my de-stresser and sugar is another thing that makes me less stressed and so happy. Probably not the healthiest de stresser but whateves! These came together so easily and I was pleasantly surprise how much me and my co workers loved them!
New Years Eve night I usually don’t do anything too crazy as I am usually pretty tired from the day, last year I got drunk ended up ringing in the new year on top of a couch signing New York New York, entertaining at least.
I didn’t start throwing up till about 2 am.. LOL
The only bad thing about new years? Everyone gets on this health kick so I am the only one still stuffing my face, heck maybe this year I will. I can’t wait. Maybe I will make a vision board this year. I love me some goals and I love checking off lists so to see a vision and to achieve it and see that I have achieved it sounds right up my alley!
Do you make a vision board?
Hope you all have a happy and safe new year!!
Pretzel Crusted Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 stick butter, at room temp
- 1/3 cup salted caramel
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 Cups of Crushed Pretzels
- 1 1/2 stick Butter Melted
- Salted Caramel for Drizzling
- Melted Chocolate for Drizzling
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cornstarch.
- Cream butter, salted caramel, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together for 3 minutes. Add egg, yolk, and vanilla. Slowly add in dry ingredients. Then fold in chocolate chips. Cover and chill dough for at 3 hours or longer.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a muffin pan, set aside.In a bowl mix together crushed pretzels and butter. Scoop 1 tbsp into each muffin pan and press down evenly. Scoop a heaping 2 tbsp size ball of cookie dough on top of crust. Bake for 18-21 minutes until golden brown on top. Let sit in pan to cool for 20 minutes. Using a large rack or plate invert cookie cups. Drizzle salted caramel and milk chocolate on if desired.