This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
Pillsbury™ Brownies create a chewy, moist, chocolatey brownie crust that is then topped with a creamy dreamy cheesecake swirled with mini M&M’s® make this Brownie Bottom Cheesecake Recipe perfect for your Christmas Party!
The other day we had a fundraiser for my high school reunion. Yes, I am that nerd that is on the board for the high school reunion. Thanks to Cassie and Jackie that is. I had somehow convinced, really forced, one of my besties, Tiffany, to come with me. I picked her up and on the way we stopped in to Walmart so I could pick up Pillsbury™ Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix for this Brownie Bottom Cheesecake. We galavanted around the store, naturally getting caught up in the wine and makeup aisle but eventually made our way to the baking aisle for the Pillsbury™ Brownie mix.
We headed to the fundraiser and while it wasn’t a great turn out, our host was very generous in his donation to our reunion. And it was a great excuse for me to have a burger on a Wednesday night 😉
Fast forward to a few days later and cheesecake time it was. My favorite time. If you’ve been on my blog before you may have seen a cheesecake or two.
These are a few things I always do when baking a cheesecake:
- Room temperature Cream Cheese, NEVER use cold cream cheese
- Bake my Cheesecake in a Springform Pan
- Place the Springform Pan in a Large Round Cake Tin
- Place the Cake Tin in a Roasting Pan and fill it with hot water, stopping halfway up the side of the cake tin
- When about the inner 2 inch diameter of the cheesecake is jiggly and the rest is set I turn the oven off and let the Cheesecake rest in the oven for 1 hour
- Take Cake Pan out of Roasting pan and let Cheesecake cool further on a wire rack for one hour
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let the cheesecake chill overnight or minimum of 8 hours
- When cutting the cheesecake to serve always have a hot cloth near by to wipe the knife clean after each cut
If you follow those steps you should be able to make a show stopping cheesecake with no problems!
I absolutely love making a cheesecake. Dessert is really two in one, I have so much fun making it the night before usually with my sisters or mom and then the next day sharing it with the rest of my family. I always make a cheesecake for a family party, whether its Christmas or a Birthday it is so nice to make something the day before. And who doesn’t love the gift of a sweet treat? My family sure does!
Brownie Bottom Cheesecake Recipe is perfect for Christmas Day dessert or any other special paaaarty with your friends and family.
Brownie Bottomed Cheesecake
- 1 Box of Pilsbury Chocolate Fudge Family Size
- Ingredients listed on box
- 24oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream/ Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temp.
- 1/2 Cup M&M’S® Brand Minis Milk Chocolate Baking Bits
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 8.4 ounces (1 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Milk Powder
- 1/3 Cup M&M’S® Brand Minis Milk Chocolate Baking Bits for decorating
- Spray a 9 inch Springform pan and a 8X8 or 9X9 pan with non stick cooking spray, and preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the back of the box. Divide batter between two pans equally. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until when sticking a toothpick in only moist crumbs crumbs stick, let cool on a wire rack. The springform pan press the brownies down a little bit, this will be your crust. Go ahead and eat other pan of brownies.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium to high speed. Add granulated sugar and beat for another 3 minutes. Add in heavy cream, sour cream and vanilla extract until fully combined. Add in eggs one at a time. You should have a creamy batter with no lumps.
- In a small bowl mix the M&M’S® Brand Minis Milk Chocolate Baking Bits and flour. Then gently pour into cheesecake mixture.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Place 9 inch springform pan in a 10 inch cake pan- place cake pan in roasting pan and fill roasting pan with hot water half way up the sides of the cake pan. This prevents ANY water from getting in the cheesecake and you don't have to wrap everything with foil.
- Bake for 80 to 90 minutes, the middle of the cheesecake should jiggle just a little bit. Turn oven off and let cool in oven for 1 hour then take out of roasting pan and wrap with plastic wrap. Let sit in fridge over night.
- When ready to serve Cheesecake, take your bowl and whisk attachment to the mixer chill it in the freezer for 5 minutes. When ready whisk heavy cream for 1 minute, add a splash of vanilla and milk powder. Whisk until stiff peaks form. Using a pastry bag and any tip you like pipe the whipped cream around the edges of the cake, I like to pipe mine pretty high. Use the remaining M&M’S® Brand Minis Milk Chocolate Baking Bits to decorate.
- To serve use a hot clean knife cut slices of cheesecake. Store in fridge.
Want some more ideas to bake with M&M’S® Brand Minis Milk Chocolate Baking Bits?