Last week I went on a road trip to Santa Barbra with my 3 of my best girlfriends. Life has been a rollercoaster over the past month. I was super busy all week so when Friday rolled around I was SOO excited to get out-of-town.
Friday morning I was running around town getting a car wash and stopping by Ralphs to get some ingredients for my road trip snack! I of course picked up some White Cheddar Cheeze It’s because those are just SOOO freaking delicious! LOVE LOVE LOVE! So I had my savoury/salty snack now I needed my sweet snack. I love cake batter themed desserts so when I saw Cake Batter Puppy Chow floating around Pinterest I knew I HAD to make these.
There were a few different recipes so I kind of made up my own version. Most recipes called for a lot of yellow cake mix and powdered sugar but when I made it the amount most recipes suggested was WAY too much. This recipe worked out good 🙂
- 1 11oz Bag of White chocolate Chips
- 4 Cups of Rice Chex
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Cup Sprinkles
- In a bowl microwave the white chocolate chips on 50% power for 1 minute. Then microwave in 15 second intervals. Keep stirring the chips each time you check. Be careful not to over cook because there is NO going back :/
- In a large zip-loc bag pour in the chex cereal, powdered sugar, sprinkles and yellow cake mix. Close bag and shake well.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the back and shake well. My bag broke and I then poured everything into a fresh bag. You could also try using a big Tupperware container.
- After it was all mixed together I added a few more sprinkles just for fun 🙂 Enjoy!