The other day I decided to leave work at about 1:45pm knowing I was meeting my friend Paula at 3ish. I wanted to stop at Michael’s on the way home (well it’s not really on the way, but that’s beside the point) and on the way to Michael’s I passed by Target and remembered I already ate a full bag of Butterfinger Eggs and I wanted to bake with them.. So long story short I insisted on rushing myself to make these cookies! Needless to say the time crunch only added to the fabulous ness of these Butterfinger & Pretezel cookies.
I seriously love Butterfinger eggs! Mmmmm.. as I am eating a bag right now! oops!Print
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 14 tbsp unsalted butter (1 3/4 sticks)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Butterfinger Eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pretzels
- Sea Salt for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and cornstarch together and set aside.To brown the butter cook the first 10 tbsp butter over low to medium heat. Swirl it every so often. The process will take around 5 minutes.
- Continue cooking the butter until you get a nutty aroma. The scent is nutty yet caramel-y.
- Pour the brown butter into the bowl of an electric mixer or a heatproof bowl. Mix in the last 4 tablespoons of butter. Mix until completely dissolved in the brown butter.
- Add in the vanilla, brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt. Mix until fully combined. Add egg and egg yolk mix for 3 minutes.
- Mix in the flour mixture until fully combined. Fold in chopped Butterfinger eggs and pretzels.
- Place dough on prepared baking sheet, I clumped my dough into 2 tbsp-ish mounds. I don’t roll the cookie dough into a ball, instead make it taller. This creates a thicker cookie. Then sprinkle sea salt on top of cookies.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown but still look a bit under cooked.
Recipe adapted from: Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Want some more cookies??
Oat Flour Chocolate Chip ( I use half ap half oat flour)