Due to my English background I am very familiar with Banoffe Pie. It is amazing and my Auntie Marguerite always makes it! Maybe because we always request it! 🙂 The other day we had a party for my sissy’s birthday and Banoffee Pie made an appearance. Some of our friends were in shock about how good it was. Thus here I am spreading the word about how simply delicious this is! And it is simple to make.
* I used 2 full cans of cooked condensed milk, which was a bit too much but I have adjusted the recipe appropriately
- 1 1/2 Cups Gram Cracker/Digestive Biscuits crushed into crumbs
- 1 Cup of Butter
- 1 1/2 Cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Large Bananas
- 1 1/4 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- Milk Chocolate Bar for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- To caramelize condensed milk pour milk into a large baking dish ( 13X9, 12 X 2..etc) just make sure the dish fits in your large roast pan. Cover condensed milk with foil and place baking dish with condensed milk in roasting pan and fill pan with water. Bake for 2hrs until the right, beautiful caramel color. Let cool completely
- Turn oven up to 350F. In a small bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs and butter, until well combined. Press into a 9 inch pie dish. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes. Let cool.
- Once crust and caramel cooled pour half of caramel over the crust and place sliced banana slices over the caramel and then top with the rest of the caramel. Chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- In bowl of an electric mixer combine heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip on high until stiff peaks form.
- Top pie with fresh whipped cream.
- Optional- Use a peeler on a chocolate bar to create curls for top of pie.