My mothers maiden name is Bailey. My middle name is Bailey. So I like the name Bailey. It was only obvious I would LOVE Bailey’s Irish Cream. Bailey’s Truffles are the obvious choice for a chocoholic.
Chocolate is one of my true loves. I have always been a fan of milk chocolate. It’s creamier and sweeter than dark. Isn’t it the clear winner? Anyways, truffles were requested and as other people would be eating these truffles with some port I figured I should do dark chocolate. Ugh how I dreaded the thought.
Truffles sound so fancy. Don’t they? The great thing is they are not fancy to make! Easy peasy people! The only downside is the time you have to wait for the chocolate to set.
I decided to roll some of truffles in cocoa powder and dipped some in chocolate. I had some metled chocolate laying around from some other chocolates I made that night.
These are perfect for gift giving or a dessert to bring to a christmas party. Or to stuff your face with. I’m not judging.
- 11 oz Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 TBSP Heavy Whipping Cream
- ⅓ Cup Baielys Hint of Mint
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup Melted Dark Chocolate
- Place some water into a large saucepan over medium heat and place a large bowl on top of saucepan not letting the water touch the bowl.
- Put chocolate and cream in bowl. Let sit for a few minutes without touching. Remove from heat and whisk until fully combined. Let sit for 20-30 minutes to cool off.
- Add Bailey's to chocolate mixture and whisk until incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a shallow dish, cover and set in fridge for 2½- 3 hours to set.
- Use a small cookie scoop or melon baller to scoop the truffle mixture. Roll into balls and roll in cocoa powder or melted chocoalte.