Apple Cupcakes Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
As of late, I have been a little obsessed with maple and pumpkin. Just a tad. But sometimes I force myself to branch out. Like today with these Apple Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting, if I wasn’t going to have pumpkin I was GOING to have maple. Come on people!
BTW I totally just downed a LARGE oreo cookie shake from Jack in the Box.. OOPS! Seriously though best oreo cookie shake ever, and I have had oreo cookie shakes from everywhere, nothing beats jack in the box.
You see I was going to order the regular size but then I thought I haven’t had one in a while, I’m not going to eat any whipped cream and I won’t finish the large, so naturally I ordered the large. And sad to say I ate all of it,like slurrped every last drop, made myself sick all of it.
Sorry back to these cupcakes. Moist, chock full of apples, that by the way are perfect, not mushy or too crunchy, just perfect, oh and its topped with maple cream cheese frosting, mmmm. Perfect for fall, perfect for my oreo shake slurrping dessert obsessed belly.
Apple Cupcakes with a Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 3/4 cup ap flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, at room temp.
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 oz apple sauce
- 1/3 cup chobani greek yogurt
- 2 medium granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened at room temp.
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp maple extract
- 2 1/2-3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and line cupcake sheet with liners.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, apple sauce and greek yogurt. Mix until fully combined. Slowly mix in dry ingredients, fold in apples.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until set and no wet batter comes out on toothpick. Let cool completely before frosting.
Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat cream cheese for 3-4 minutes. Add in butter and mix for another minute. Add maple extract and powdered sugar. Mix until combined. Pipe on to frosting.