Can one every have too many chocolate chip cookies? I think NOT! I honestly could eat them everyday all day. Kinda how I feel about pizza and bacon.
You see chocolate chip cookies are spectacular. They are so simple. Yet, so amazing. There are millions of different versions. Some chewy, some crunchy, some puffy, some flat. The truth is I love them all. I cannot discriminate when it comes to chocolate chip cookies. Unless of course it is an invader and is truly a raisin cookie! YUCK!
I wanted to “clean” out my bakery cupboards the other day. You see it is a constant battle of me stocking up on things at the store and then there is no room to put it. My closet is like that as well. Anyways, I was making cc cookies and there was a half opened bag of Andes chips.. you see where this is going? I threw them into a bowl of about 2 cups of dough. Therefore the cookies were bursting at the seams of chocolate. Just how a cookie should be.
- ½ Cup Vegetable Shortening
- ½ Cup Butter
- ¾ Cup White Sugar
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Cups AP Flour
- ¾ TSP Baking Soda
- ¾ TSP Salt
- 2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 Cups Andes Creme De Menthe Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and if using a silpat liner, line your baking sheet.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the shortening, butter, and sugars until nice and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix on medium high for at least 2 minutes to create creamy goodness.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet mixture. I usually do it in 2-3 sets.
- Mix in chocolate chips and Andes chips.
- Scoop cookies onto baking sheet. I used a 1½ TBSP scoop.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes
Recipe adapted from: Made